100 Acre Personality Quiz

19 September 2006

Life Imitates Art

This is what I feel like this week. Meetings galore and having to go in to work three hours or so before I am actually scheduled to be there.. then I have to figure out how to "reclaim" those hours since I am only "allowed" to work 28 hours a week. Keep in mind that my week starts on Sunday... I am only into my third day and by the time today is done I will have worked 27 hours already. I still have one more day after today!!

Now I know part of the problem lies on me because I am dedicated and I do have things that need to get done but they are piled with things that I get elected to do or ideas I have come up with on my own for projects. If I was scheduled to work a 40 hour week I would probably put in about 60 hours. The best part is that it doesn't get on your nerves like other jobs. You know how if you work at that type of pace constantly that it wears you down... not so with Disney. It could be the nature of the work that I do or it could be the environment - either way it isn't something I notice unless I stop and think about it.

So today I have to be there by 1:30 for a Sales Explosion meeting. I have no idea what it is but I was "volunteered" ( or should I say VoluntEared). I'll let you know how it goes. Needless to say, I got home last night a little after midnight - checked on Sami who decided to wait up for me and then sang me the "Mama, Mama, Mama" song for an hour. I actually ended up sleeping in her room in the extra bed because when I left she would cry. Then she decides to get up at 6ish but due to my exhaustion I don't get up until 8:30! My body will not let me function on less than 8 hours of sleep a night... like, it physically will not wake up. This is a new development for me since I used to function on 3 hours not so very long ago!

Alright, my grandfather clock just struck 10 and I told myself I had to get off of here by 10 so I could get my shower and leave the house by 11:30. I will write more tonight since I plan on "reclaiming my hours" by watching NCIS from 8pm - 9pm and then heading out the door shortly afterwards... come to think of it - life isn't half bad.

Love y'all - hugs and kiss all around - and I will write more tonight or tomorrow! Be good Poppets until then. Posted by Picasa

No comments: