100 Acre Personality Quiz

16 September 2006

Buh-Bye Barnie's

So my daughter constantly drags me to the mall to go to Hot Topic because they have some anime items that she likes. See, she has this idea that she is somehow "goth chic" but in reality - yeah, it just ain't sticking! Anyway, I usually agree to go because I can go to Barnie's and get some coffee and things don't seem so horrible... come on, it's the mall.

Well, we go last night and to my horror I find that Barnie's gates are closed, the lights are off and their signage has disappeared. How I am I supposed to function at the haven for little snot nosed teenagers when there is no coffee? I walk up because I figured that there must be some mistake. Surely they would have left a nice venti mocha nonfat for me before they left, right? Wrong! Instead, they posted a sign saying that my podunk mall would soon the proud owner of a Starbucks!

This means that I don't have to drive forty forevers to get a decent cup of joe! I don't have to bribe myself into getting to work an hour early so I can run down to the one on the corner before my shift... I can have Starbucks whenever I want!!

I must have been a really good girl... thank you Santa.

5 comments:

Betty McArthur said...

Didn't I tell you that Barnie's had been bought by Starbuck's? See my blog... you may have to check way back ;o)

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I thought I saw that yours was going out but I didn't remember that Starbucks bought them all...

Betty McArthur said...

Yep, Starbuck's bought all of the company owned Barnie's Coffee & Tea Co... however, the bag coffees will still be in some of your local grocery stores. All franchise Barnie's have not been affected, and you can still order on line. Crazy, isn't it? I don't even work there anymore, and I know all this stuff! Once a Barnie's employee, always a Barnie's employee.

Betty McArthur said...

have you ever paid attention to the word varification things? my last one was SXYMF.... now, I'm not saying that that's what it's meant to sound like, but isn't that interesting???? Just wondering ;o)

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I know completely what you mean. For those few months when I was away from Disney didn't matter - if anyone said anything remotely derogatory about the company I would be so offended. I have never had more love or pride over a "job" in my whole life.

I was born to work for the company. Even when we were kids I was a complete Disney-Maniac... remember? You would watch VH1 (and I would join you for the Monkees!) but mostly I was watching the Disney Channel - and MTV of course. Shoot, my purses were always PoohBear.

That's what you get when you are the product of a vacation to Walt Disney World!