100 Acre Personality Quiz

29 October 2007

Last Resort... or Lost Mind...

So I was telling my tale of whoa to a girlfriend of mine and she suggested to sign up for this site called "Match.com"... Dr. Phil's site... you're kidding right? She swears that there are no psychos on there and that everyone has to have thier "portrait" and pictures approved before it will even go on the site. It's free unless you want to actually email and then there is a monthly fee.



Guess what... I said what the heck and went for it. No laughing, because seriously, where am I going to meet someone with the crazy schedule and life I lead... and what can it hurt? So do you know what I posted in my "portrait"? My letter to Santa!! Oh, and I added a post script... Here, read it. I picked it up right where I sign it:



"Thank you, Santa. Be sure to find the extra special home made cookies on the entry table... I made them just for you.

Love,

Amy



P.S.



Here is what you can tell him he can expect from me. I am a good semi-old fashioned Southern girl next door. I know how a lady is supposed to act and conduct myself accordingly. This doesn't mean I am not up for a game of touch football in the backyard after a good cook out. Count me in with my jeans, ponytail and ballcap ready to go! I also know that if you tell me we are fixing to go somewhere, I can be ready in about 10 minutes. I don't need to "put on my face" because God gave me one that works pretty well and doesn't need to have a bunch of goo slapped on it to make it presentable. If I ever do wear make-up, you really can't tell... and isn't that the point? I love to wear skirts and 3" heels but I have an even greater love of wandering around barefoot. I know how to treat a man the way he needs and wants to be treated, in all areas.



I am comfortable with who I am and where I am in life. I have been single for three years and where it does have it's advantages, I am ready to find the love of my life. I am ready to settle down and build a lasting relationship. My parents are great role models since they have been happily married for almost 40 years. They still hold hands, my mom is still the sexiest thing my dad has ever laid eyes on, he is still my mom's hero and she giggles like a school girl when they whisper together in the kitchen. That is what I want... do you?"



What do you think? I figured I would try anything once...

2 comments:

Disney Diaries said...

Good for you! But 10 minutes? No way!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

Seriously... probably less but I figured I would cushion it just in case someone actually timed me.