100 Acre Personality Quiz

17 November 2006

Mom-E & Dani Date Night

Before Sam came along Dani and I had all the time in the world to do whatever we wanted - and we usually did. When I found out that we would be adding the precious little monster, I decided to have Mom-E & Dani Date Night. It occurs every Friday and it is just time alone where Dani and I can sit and reconnect. When Sami get's older, she and I will have our own special Date Night but for right now she is content babysitting Nana and PopPop.

Normally we go to the bookstore or walk around the mall or curl and watch a movie that she picks... lately we have been watching Ghost Whisperer - really great show!














Today is a completely different ordeal all together!! In the next hour, I am going to run up to her school and surprise her by taking her out. Then, we are going to go and play at DisneyQuest and I have tickets to tonight's 6 p.m. performance of Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba... I've only taken one time before Sami was born... it was around this time actually... and she loved it and has been begging to go back. I got a set of tickets Wednesday night and didn't tell her. She will be so surprised - I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Betty McArthur said...

p88h you sound like a great mom, and i'm sure you don't just sound like, you are! you'll have to tell me everything.

one of these days, i'm going to surprise you and show up on your front door... wouldn't that be a hoot?!

miss you soooooooo much!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

It was wonderful! We designed five different virtual roller coasters and road all five... back to back 3 and 2.. saw the show inbetween. We ran around DisneyQuest like two kids playing all the games... even the ones where you have to put some thing on your head so you can "be in" the game and you look like a complete fool to everyone not playing.

We took a break for supper and the show and then went back to play some more. After the show I got a hat like the BirdGirl (picture in post) and she got a mask... we wore them around DisneyQuest... what do we care, we don't know anyone and if we did they would understand that it is just us.. LOL.

Thank you for the sweet compliment.. I try to be a good mom with surprises every now and again just like my parents always did for me. I hope one day she will tell her friends about me and the adjectives used will be "fun", "cool" and "exciting"... time will tell.

Come on down... catch a ride with Dave, he leaves Thursday morning.. we've got room! And I miss you too Boo.