100 Acre Personality Quiz

14 October 2006

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To The DRC

Okay, so not really but it sounded good. Now it is time to play catch up for all the things that I have not been able to write in here. I am sure that there will be things left out but I will do what I can to make it short, sweet and quasi-interesting...

I have been going to Disney University at least once a week for the past month. Hense the reason postings have gone down. A DU day is not the easiest of days! Normally it is up at 4ish, out the door by 5ish and make sure there is coffee either available or not real far away! Then it is timing traffic just right because unless you have actually taken your life in your hands on I-4, you just don't know... well, I-10 in Houston is worse so there are a few who know... so then it is on property by 7ish because I am a Type A personality who can not, I repeat - CAN NOT, be late. Once I have found the studio that I meet in I go and relax for the next twenty minutes or so until it is time for class to start. Generally speaking these last about 4 hours... some days they are back to back and I don't get out until 5ish... some days I can only schedule one and leave around noonish. Once all of my Disney learning for the day has been dispensed I return to the DRC to actually perform my job! When all is said and done I probably get to leave the DRC around 11ish and am able to crawl into my bed around midnightish. Now, let's wash, rinse and repeat 15 times since my first class - yeah baby.

Work has been good, but then again I do work for Disney. Team is starting to come together and work well. The few stragglers will probably be out before the shift bids get finalized. At least that is what I am hoping. The leadership team is a different story as there is one TSA who doesn't pay attention to detail, doesn't have an ounce of team spirit and has a habit of thinking that they are somehow above all others. That is all I will say about it here as it is not "RAVE"ing and I refuse to be taken down to their level... and it is a loooooooong way down there.

Kids are good, folks are good... get to see my brother is about five weeks. I am taking my entire family to the Magic Kingdom the day after Thanksgiving!! I am so stoked. That will be 8 of us running around the parks having a big time. I love sharing my perks with the people I love... do you know that Dave hasn't been there since we were kids?? How can we be related?? I am thinking it has been a good 20 years since he has gone! It hasn't even been 20 days since I've gone and I don't think I will ever let it get to be that long... my pixie dust would need serious refilling after that type of ... of... I don't even know what to call it.

I should get to bed... I have a busy week this week, what's new right. Sunday is office work, Monday is 8 a.m. Casting Call so I will be there for 15 hours, Tuesday is normal day to catch up from Monday, Wednesday is DU at 8:30 a.m. with a meeting at 3:30 at DRC and then normal work day of 15 hours, Thursday I have to take Sami to the doctor's for her 18 month check up and Friday it is back to DU and a meeting at 4 p.m. at DRC... oh and in case you didn't know... my schedule is part time with 29 hours a week - off on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

Love y'all... be good poppets while I'm gone! Posted by Picasa

No comments: