100 Acre Personality Quiz

09 September 2007

Leadership Conference & The Meeting of a Legend!

So I was at the Leadership Conference from Tuesday, Sept. 4 through Thursday, Sept 6th. Then on Friday the 7th I had to go back to DRC for my interview with the panel of my peers for the full time CTIS spot.

I must say that I have been energized by the people I saw and the presentations I heard. There are so many great minds working for our organization that sometimes you get a little star struck. For example; I met, listened to and literally ran into during a mad dash across the conference center to make it a session... are you ready for this... MARTY SKLAR!!!

Please don't break my heart and tell me that you don't know who he is... PLEASE don't do that to me. To save myself the heartache, I will give you the completely abridged version, how's that? Marty is the last living link to Walt Disney himself!! Yes, that is right. Marty, who is currently the VP of Imagineering Ambassador and has been with us for over 40 years, physically walked our FL swamp land with Walt and placed the big yellow "X" on the ground where the castle was going to placed. He looked at the maps, worked with Walt in Anaheim as an Imagineer and is still with us today. Now do you understand my being star struck? Goodness, I hope so.

Here are a few pictures that I took during the conference. We were at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and Convention Center. I got to stay in the Casitas and it was wonderful.
The sunrise view from my room was spectacular and since I was on the corner (with the entire side of the building to myself I might add) I had double corner windows... yeah, it made up for the wrongs that resort has done to me in the past three years.

Enjoy and as soon as I hear back about the panel decision regarding the CTIS FLL spot, I'll post it.

1 comment:

Disney Diaries said...

Marty Sklar was a UCLA Bruin - one of our most impressive alums (at least as far as I'm concerned).

Chris
Disney Diariesstormy